Expectations of Brand Ambassadors for a Street Team Program
After being hired as a Brand Ambassador for a street team program there are ways to show a company you are an “A player” and things that will be red flags when looking to get rehired in a particular city. Here are a few things a Brand Ambassador should do before, during and after the events to ensure their place as a top candidate for all future events.
- Read all correspondence which will include the logistics, training documents and program information. Follow all directions as outlined.
- Register with the company and/or complete all required paperwork.
- Be quick to respond to any requests from the agency (if you don’t answer your phone then be sure to call back when left a message or respond to an e-mail in a timely manner).
- Make sure that your appearance the day of the event reflects the photo that you submitted during the interview process (get plenty of rest; come ready to work with a clean and ironed uniform and all around pleasing appearance).
- Arrive early to the event and check in with event contact if necessary.
- Utilize safe and proper maintenance of equipment and/or vehicles (if applicable).
- Be fiscally responsible (for example, saving money on parking, carpooling with other street team members, etc.).
- You were hired for your award winning personality so make sure you are engaging, upbeat, knowledgeable and “on” during the entire event and anytime you are in your uniform.
- Maintain a clean work environment.
- Provide updates to management as requested.
- Keep ACCURATE track of consumer impressions, inventory and samples distributed.
- Take pictures (remember to get interaction shots with consumers and the brand).
- Clean up the site (remove display items, pack equipment, discard trash, etc.).
- Thank the event contact if available.
- Send the recap, pictures and invoice at specified time.
Whether you are a Brand Ambassador or hiring one for your next street team promotion, these tips will be helpful for all Brand Ambassadors to ensure the success of the program.
Pro Motion is an award winning nationally recognized leader in the Experiential Marketing and Event Marketing industries. We bring brands to life via face-to-face sampling, mobile tours, street teams, field marketing, sponsorship activation, multicultural marketing, b-to-b events, government contracting, guerilla marketing, brand ambassadors and stunts. Our programs increase the impact of branding, marketing and public relations initiatives by engaging consumers directly, converting tryers into buyers. For more information follow Pro Motion on Facebook or Twitter.